What is a cookie?
Cookies are small data files which are stored on your device when you visit a website; they either enable or enhance the functionality of that website by recognising the device you are using at the time. For the purposes of this Policy, "cookie" will be used to describe the various forms of cookie technology, including but not limited to: pixel tags, mobile device identifiers and web storage files used in both mobile devices and desktop software.
Cookies are useful to you as they recall your navigation preferences, such as language and sign-in information and tailor online advertisements in-line with your interests.
There are several kinds of cookies, e.g. "session cookies" which expire when you close your web browser and "persistent cookies" which stay on your device for a predetermined period of time, or until deleted. Cookies also can be categorised on the basis of their purpose, e.g.:
- "Essential Cookies" - these are necessary for us to provide you with the use of our Site and Services in accordance with your instructions and your type of membership. As indicated by their name, these cookies are essential and neither the Site nor the Service will function properly without them;
- "Performance Cookies" - these collect anonymous information about how visitors use our Site and Services, e.g. information relating to how often particular pages are viewed or to certain pages generating error messages;
- "Functionality Cookies" - these remember choices you make such as sign-information, language preference, font size and are used to improve your experience; and
- "Targeting or Advertising Cookies" - these tailor in browser advertisements based on your interests and determine how many times you see a particular advertisement. In addition, advertising networks use these cookies to track analytics (e.g. efficiency and relevance) of advertisements to users and are generally linked to aspects of site functionality which are provided by other organisations.
- Essential Cookies: Are used to tailor your unique user experience as you direct e.g. we will recognise the type of membership you have and grant you to access the appropriate content;
- Performance Cookies: Are used to monitor, audit, research and report on the use of the Site and Service and analyse how the Site and Service are accessed. These cookies help Us manage and improve the Site and Service;
- Functionality Cookies: Are used to provide you with the most user-friendly online experience; they remember the choices you make, such as language preferences, sign-in information and other customisable features of the Site and Service; they also remember the kind of content you have enjoyed so that we can provide you with more of the same.
- Targeting or Advertising Cookies: At this time, there are no advertisements on the Site and Service and thus, no reason to tailor the advertisements to your interests, we use these cookies when partnering with website publishers, application developers, advertising networks and service providers to promote the Site and Service on other websites and services.
It is important for you to note that our Site and Service may use technology such as web beacons, web bugs or clear GIFs to track and analyse non-personally identifiable usage information and to compile statistical information about our users (e.g. their IP address, browser type, internet service provider) in order to improve the Site's quality and to support our business.
You should also be aware that We allow certain service providers to place cookies and similar technologies on the Site and Service for similar purposes to those listed above, including the collection of information regarding users’ online activities in order to provide them with advertising based on their interests.
Our Site and Service may also use HTML5 localStorage technology to enhance your user experience. This technology operates in the same manner as cookies technology and therefore is used by Us to collect and store information as well as configure your experience in the same ways outlined above.
How can you manage your cookie preferences?
Most web browsers, by default, are configured to accept cookies; you can, however, configure your browser to alert you every time a cookie is offered, therefore giving you the option of whether or not to accept it. You may also configure your browser to block all cookies from a specific domain or all domains.
You can, therefore, use and visit our Site with cookies disabled, but you will not automatically be recognised by the Site and Service upon re-visiting and will not have the benefit of a customised user experience. Moreover, should you configure your browser to not accept any cookies, you may experience difficulties concerning the overall functionality of the Site and Service.
Should you access Our Site and Service on a mobile device, your operating system may allow you to modify your settings to opt out of receiving interest based advertisements or to otherwise reset your mobile identifiers. For example, iOS users may use the “Limit Ad Tracking” setting and Android users can choose to "Opt out of Ads Personalisation" or reset their advertising ID.
Should you receive targets advertisements based on your interests, your online activities and/or other form of behavioural targeting may include the "AdChoices" icon or a similar mechanism for opting-out of receiving interest based advertisements. For more information about interest based advertising, or if you wish to understand more about why you see certain ads and how you can choose to opt-out of receiving interest-based advertising, you may click on the AdChoices icon or visit any of the following pages:
How can you contact us?